Work Health and Safety Management of Contractors
This course applies to individuals who contribute to the actions and activities required for the effective WHS management of contractors appropriate to their own job role and work area as part of their WHS responsibilities.
Language and Literacy requirements for the unit are:
- Writing is required to the level of completing written assessments.
- Reading is required to enable the determination of information through the student manual.
This course addresses the skills and knowledge required to assist with the WHS management of contractors, and has a strong focus on compliance with WHS organisational and legislative requirements.
The course content covers:
- Contracts and other documentation relevant to contractors.
- Identifying workplace policies, procedures, systems and processes relevant to the WHS management of contractors.
- Evaluating contracts and workplace policies, procedures, systems and processes for effectiveness and compliance with WHS legislation.
- Developing, implement and evaluate improvements to contractor WHS arrangements.
Unit of Competency
BSBWHS408 Assist with effective WHS management of contractors
Students will receive a Certificate of Attendance for completing the face to face course. Upon successful completion of the post course assignment within 3 months of the course, participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for BSBWHS408 Assist with effective WHS management of contractors.
Training will be delivered within a public training facility utilising theory and practical activities. Delivery will include instructor led presentations / scenarios.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.