Health and Safety Representatives Initial QLD (WHSQ Approved)
5 Days: Note this course must be completed within 6 months of course commencement
This course is for workers who have been elected as HSRs for their workplace. This course is also suitable for supervisors and managers who have a responsibility for the safety of workers.
Language and Literacy requirements for the course are: • Writing is required to the level of completing written in-class activities. • Reading is required to enable the determination of information through the student manual.
This course provides participants with the skills and knowledge to enable them to fulfil the role of Health and Safety Representative (HSR) as set down in section 72 of the Work Health and Safety Act 2011. This course is conducted in accordance with the criteria set by the Division of Workplace Health and Safety.
The aim of this course is to provide HSRs and deputy HSRs, elected under the new WHS legislation, with information and skills relating to:
- Interpreting the work health and safety legislative framework and its relationship to the HSR.
- Identifying key parties and their legislative obligations and duties.
- Establishing representation in the workplace.
- Participating in consultation and issue resolution
- Representing members in the WHS risk. management process undertaken by the PCBU
- Issuing a Provisional Notice (PIN) and directing the Cessation of Work.
This course is delivered by NSCA.
Unit of Competency
Certificate of Attendance will be issued to successful students on completion of course.
There is no formal assessment as part of this course. Upon successful completion, participants will be issued with a Certificate of Attendance.
Training will be delivered within a public training facility utilising theory and practical activities. Delivery will include instructor led presentations / scenarios.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.