Health and Safety Representatives Initial OHS Training Course
This course is for Health & Safety Representatives and Deputy Health and Safety Representatives. Although HSRs and DHSRs are the primary audience, managers, supervisors and health and safety committee members with an interest in safety may also benefit from attending this course. Note: section 67 of the OHS Act 2004 entitles a HSR to attend an initial course of training in occupational health and safety after being elected. This entitlement (s57) also extends to deputy HSRs. The HSR in consultation with their employer also has the right to choose the course of training they attend. (This course is suitable for workplaces covered by the Victorian OHS Act 2004. Commonwealth employees should enrol under an approved Commonwealth course.)
This course is designed for Health & Safety Representatives (HSRs) and Deputy Health and Safety Representatives(DHSR’s), providing them with the opportunity to gain knowledge, skills and confidence that will assist them to represent the members of their designated work group and to help make their workplace safer. The course will also assist HSRs and deputy HSRs to understand and effectively exercise their powers.
The course content covers the following learning objectives:
The course content covers:
- Interpreting the OHS legislative framework and its relationship to the HSR.
- Identifying key parties and their legislative obligations and duties.
- Establishing representation in the workplace.
- Participating in consultation and issue resolution.
- Representing designated work group members in any OHS risk management process undertaken by the appropriate duty holder(s).
- Issuing Provisional Improvement Notice (PIN) and directing cessation of work.
• There is no formal assessment with this course. • A Certificate of Attendance will be issued by NSCA to participants who complete all five days of training.
The course is administered and delivered by NSCA, utilising theory and practical activities including trainer led presentations, group discussions and the use of scenarios. Training will be delivered within a public training facility.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.